You can see answers from the other participants, and read more about the CBD here! Now, my responses for this week:
- Weigh-in: Still starting point… I forgot to find/buy a scale. I *feel* like I have gained weight this week, but that was really just how I felt yesterday and probably a result of SITTING ALL DAY trying to plan a honeymoon. Seriously. Dave and I were both on computers for most of the day and we managed to book 3 sets of plane tickets, hotels for our first 3 nights, and a rental car for Ireland…. But we still have another set of plane tickets, 3 sets of train tickets, and 9 more hotels/B&Bs to book. What have we done?! I know once we take the actual trip it will be awesome, but at the moment it is a bit of a logistical nightmare. Oh, and we still haven’t bought plane tickets to our actual wedding yet… Better get on that 😉 Anyway, all of that to say I basically sat around all day eating and internet browsing. But finally around 6pm we took the dogs on a 2.5 mile walk. So I did physically move a little bit!
- Exercise completed: Hmm…. nothing real yet. A walk with the dogs on Sunday, and yesterday… And walking to/from the train on the days I took the train. Desperately craving a good hike, and I really want to bust out my 30 day shred DVD.
- Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: Sooo…. I keep having this problem where I get lunch from the ADR (attorney dining room) at the office, and I will make a great choice like a salad with fat free dressing. It comes with a drink and dessert, and I even pick sparkling water for the drink! ….but then they have these small cookies… and I usually take 3 or 4 small cookies for dessert. I also really love getting the paninis (in addition to the fat free salad). Maybe if I cut out the paninis and limited myself to 1 or 2 cookies I could get somewhere!
- Success story: On Sunday I was hungry before brunch, and I chose to eat a banana instead of one of the chocolate chip cookies I’d baked the night before. And then when we went to brunch, I stopped eating when I was full (which was half of my crabcakes benedict). Usually when I go to brunch and the food is good, I keep eating well beyond when I’m full. So I consider that a success (even though the calories in half of that breakfast were probably more than my daily allowance should be!).
- Recipe(s): I really need to start thinking of healthy recipes! Right now all of my favorite recipes involve 3 of my 4 favorite foods (carbs, cheese, and chicken–chocolate rounds out the top 4 but I tend to not mix that in my pasta bakes ;-)). Dave makes these really simple and delicious tacos using 2 cans of salmon and 1 can of rotel drained. Ok, and shredded cheese. Maybe if I could get some low carb or whole wheat tortillas and go easy on the cheese I would feel like it was really healthy.
Okay, how cute is that photo? Loosely related to losing weight/getting in shape, but definitely related to being healthy. Sometimes you just need to put down all of the electronic devices and GET OUTSIDE for awhile 🙂 Also, on a semi-related note, I keep trying to get into twitter and I’ll post one tweet saying, “ok, I don’t really get this but I’m going to give it a shot.” and then I forget about twitter again for a year or so. Really contemplating attempting to jump on the bandwagon again. As if I need anymore social media in my life 😉