See other people’s answers to the questions over at RootsAndRings.
1. What colour are your toenails painted? It is called “William Tell Me About OPI” which is a really dark eggplant color. I was in LOVE with “Lincoln Park After Dark” for the longest time and all of a sudden I haven’t been able to find it anywhere. This one is really close. Might be even better.
2. What colour are your fingernails painted?
Not painted. I recently discovered that I love the look of having my nails painted, but it chips too quickly, and I am incapable of painting my right hand myself without looking like a 3 year old did it for me.. so they are very rarely painted 😦
3. What is your favourite brand of nail polish? OPI, but I don’t own any. I just choose it at nail salons.
4. As the norm, do you DIY your nails or get mani/pedis? I try to keep up with pedis… but occassionally do my toes myself. However, as noted above, not capable of DIYing my fingernails.
5. Have you ever had a gel mani? Do you recommend it? Fake nails? Yes. And while I liked the look at the time, I do not recommend it at all because it DESTROYED my nail beds for awhile. My nails looked so gross for awhile after taking the fake nails off. And according to this article I read the other day, fake nails are considered tacky these days. There you go, ladies.
6. What is the last movie you watched on television? Finally watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. Very good movie. Sad, but good.
7. What is the last movie you watched in the cinema? I think it was Bridesmaids with Dave. I laughed so hard I was snorting and crying repeatedly. Not the best idea so early in our dating relationship, but he hasn’t broken up with me yet 😉
8. Is there a movie that everyone talks about as if it is a classic but you haven’t seen?
If we are talking ACTUAL classics, I’ve seen most of them.. I can’t think of one off the top of my head that I haven’t seen. However, if we are talking movies from the 90s on, there are a ton I haven’t seen. Basically, there is about an 80% chance that if you say “Have you seen X movie?” (where X equals a well known movie made since 1990) the answer will be “No.” I am not sure what I have been doing with my life, but apparently not watching a ton of TV. Plus, I tend to sleep through movies so even if a movie was on, I probably slept through it. Although I stayed awake for ALL of Slumdog Millionaire last night. So proud of myself!
9. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
I’ve only purchased one in my life.. .It was for My Best Friend’s Wedding and the songs on the tape (it was back in the days of TAPES people!) were not the same versions as on the movie which I found very disappointing. Haven’t purchased a soundtrack since. However, I really liked the soundtrack on Slumdog Millionaire last night.
10. Have you ever seen a movie and thought it was better than the book it was based on?
I haven’t… pretty sure it’s not possible because movies don’t allow for the type of detail and development that books do. However, that doesn’t mean I didn’t love the movies despite the differences. For example, I LOVED the C.S. Lewis movies.