1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t’?
Just like ant. Sometimes I bust out a slightly northeastern accent and really emphasize that a…. I don’t know how to type it phonetically to give you the picture, but it is due to the fact that I shared a hotel room with a girl from Pennsylvania for 3 weeks 4 years ago during my 1L summer internship. Too much information?
2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
I’m not an avid blogger (as much as I’d like to be), so I don’t think a lot of people I know in real life nor a ton of strangers know about/read my blog.
3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
I like them to bag them, and I prefer to use reusable bags but I often forget. I HATE when baggers don’t know how to bag groceries. It has never been my job and even I know that bread does not go on the bottom. I also know that, wait for it… this is going to blow your mind… more than one item can fit in each bag. Crazy… am I right? (Can you tell I had a bad shopping experience yesterday?).
4. Do you have a green thumb?
Nope, just checked… both look white. I also have no desire to go outside and do any sort of manual labor in a yard. No thanks.
5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
I watch the channel occasionally but never for a specific show. I know that I do NOT like that semi-homemade lady who always changes her kitchen to match her outfit, and makes this big crazy dinner party table display for every meal. No wonder you make your meals semi-homemade! You need that extra time to completely redecorate the kitchen and set a big display every night. The main reason I don’t like that show is because I think women feel enough pressure to be superwomen without Sarah whatshername telling you to redecorate your kitchen and set a fancy table every night. (I realize that isn’t the actual point of her show.. but subliminal messages people ;-)).
6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
Never been a huge fan. First, I don’t really fit in bathtubs. Second, I can’t really get past the idea of sitting around soaking in my own filth. And if I take a shower first, then I just feel like I’m being wasteful laying there in the bathtub. These thoughts could also be my defense mechanism to make me not feel so bad about not fitting in bathtubs. Haha.
7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
I like both. Hard to choose one or the other!
9. Describe your ideal weather.
Sunny, 70s, breezy 🙂 If I don’t have to go anywhere, I’m also an occasional fan of rain. It’s nice to sit inside consuming warm things and relaxing with the sound of rain outside… as long as I don’t have to go outside. (And note the emphasis on occasional. I don’t want that weather very frequently).
10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
I already know some Spanish and French. And if I could learn any language I’d prefer to become more fluent in one or both of those. Probably Spanish first since it is significantly more practical.