Last night I squandered my final hours of 25 sleeping, and today I turned 26. Sleeping early because I had just returned from 3 days and 2 nights of camping, where I slept about 3 hours one night and maybe 6 hours the second night. I am too old for all this lack of sleep business these days. So the second I get a chance to go to bed at 8pm, I take it, regardless of how lame it makes me 😉
Today has been a generally fantastic day.*
- I’m currently in Oregon visiting the fam, and my mom surprised me this morning with Maple Bars (my favorite donuts), Chocolate Cake (my favorite thing, EVER), and flowers.
- I called American Express to resolve a fraud issue and a live, human being answered on the first ring (?!).
- I woke up to rain but the clouds quickly parted and the sun came out and for the most part it has been a BEAUTIFUL day here in Portland!
- We (mom & I) went to the mall where I finally had a long overdue appointment with a friend who works at the MAC counter in Nordstrom and I splurged on new MAC make-up. Happy Birthday to me 🙂
- We had lunch at Panda Express (my choice.. I love that place).
- Then we drove to the Woodburn Outlets because I wanted to shop at the Banana Republic Outlet store. I left with quite a haul of new tops for $67, with a savings of $217! Insanity, right? And everything I bought I really like. It wasn’t like I bought those cute ruffle shirts JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE ONLY $4.17. I really liked them!
- Then, I found myself completely satisfied with no desire to shop anymore (also… I only brought one little carry-on suitcase and I am not sure where I am going to put the 9 tops, 2 sweaters, and 2 new pairs of jeans I’ve acquired in the last few days while in Oregon).
- So, my mom and I went to Starbucks and ordered black iced teas and relaxed there for awhile before driving back to Portland.
- Throughout the day, my iPhone has been constantly buzzing with facebook notifications, emails, and text messages from people wishing me Happy Birthday.
- It has been an amazing day, and it’s not over yet!
*The only not fantastic part is finding out that the separate bill from a hospital in Vegas for $1141 (on top of a separate bill for $230–for an incident where a nurse sprayed water into my ears while my then-boyfriend held a bed pan to my face) was not a mistake. I was convinced it HAD to be a mistake. And now I am just trying to contain myself and not pop a blood vessel while I wait for the itemized bill to come so I can freak out on the billing department in a more substantive manner. If they think for a second I am paying anywhere near $1141 for a nurse to spray water in my ears, they’ve got another thing coming.