1. If you could open any type of store/place of business (money is no obstacle), what would you open?
I have always thought it would be cool to open either (1) a coffee shop; or (2) a tall girl shop (not to be confused with the Tall Girl shop which went out of business in the U.S.). The coffee shop because I love coffee and I love talking to people, so I imagine that I would own a cool house with a coffee shop on the main floor and I would be the barista and chat it up with the regulars. And they’d be like “why do you own a coffee shop?! why don’t you play basketball?!” and I would smile and say something nice while inwardly fighting the urge to dump the hot coffee on them, because as I would know (due to my lawyer background), lawsuits from pouring coffee on people would get expensive. As for the tall clothing shop, I have always wanted to have a store that provided fashionable clothing to ridiculously tall ladies like myself. It’s still in the back of my mind. If only I could sew… Of course, now that I have a law degree I also think of the possibility of opening my own practice someday waaaay down the road.
2. If all jobs paid equally, what occupation would you want? Why?
One of the 3 listed in #1 😉
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you pick? Why?
I would not like to be an animal. And I know you’re all thinking I was going to say a giraffe since giraffes are my favorite animal. But living on a safari or in a zoo and eating leaves of trees all day is not my idea of a good time.
4. If offered one “service” free of charge, which would you choose? (chauffeur, maid, personal shopper, chef, etc.)
Maid for sure. If that maid could also grocery shop for me and keep my shelves stocked, that would be fantastic!
5. What is one habit, no matter how hard you try, you just can’t seem to break?
Running out of food in my apartment. I always eat every last thing until I have nothing to eat. And then I eat out every meal for a few days. And then I finally give in and go grocery shopping again. And every time I tell myself I will not let my food run out again, but I always do. I don’t think this technically counts as a habit, but it’s on my mind right now because all I have to eat in my apartment is canned fruit and some salsa.
6. What is one thing that no matter how many you own, you still love to buy all the time?
Purses and wallets… 🙂 I’m a lot better than I used to be, and am trying to keep my purse purchases down to a couple per year 😉
7. Out of all the game shows (past and present), which would you want to be a participant on and play?
Cash Cab! I would probably be bad at it, because I don’t tend to remember a lot of random trivia, but I LOVE that guy. And simple free things make me really happy, so if I got a free ride out of the deal, and got to meet that guy, I’d be thrilled!
8. If you could play the lead role in any movie that’s already been made, which movie would you pick?
Ok… the initial thought that popped into my head was that I’d either like to play Michelle Pfeiffer in “I Am Sam” (mainly because of her court room look… loved it!),
or I’d like to play a role in a romantic comedy involving some male actor who is taller than me… but wait… NONE OF THEM ARE. …. 😦
9. Name 5 things on your bucket list (things you want to do before you die).
– Get a book published (something that is a little more near and dear to my heart than indoor tanning regulation– although, I love my article, and seriously, DON’T TAN PEOPLE!).
– Get married and build a life with someone.
– Learn Piano and Guitar
– (Re)learn Spanish and French
– Be famous for something 🙂
10. Which one of your birthdays was the best? What did you do that day?
For one of my birthdays in law school, my mom and brother came to town, and we went to Santa Barbara for the day with Alexander and I got to feed giraffes, and we took a trolley tour and generally just enjoyed SB. That was a pretty good one 🙂
Also, this one birthday in grade school where my mom and grandparents actually managed to surprise me with a surprise birthday party at the house involving family and my then-best friend Ava (I was always a little too clever growing up and usually figured those things out… not that time!) . That was great! 🙂