I don’t think I can remember all that has happened since I updated last. For a super quick summary:
– finished week 1 of work
– attended second swearing in ceremony (I’m doubly sworn in now!)
– Alexander came to L.A. for the weekend for the swearing in
– tried a new thai place and a new indian place downtown (had it delivered to my loft… trying to work my way through my delivery options!)
– had brunch on Saturday with Alexander and some girl friends at Bottega Louie— a GREAT place in downtown L.A.!
– went to the Getty on Sunday to see Irving Penn’s Small Trades Exhibit. Honestly, I had been looking forward to this exhibit for awhile and I heard several people at work recommended it, but I found it a little disappointing. I expected it to be organized a little differently I guess.. I don’t know. Maybe I just built it up too much in my head. It was still cool, just not as amazing as I expected.
– yesterday I worked until about 9:30pm on something that isn’t billable. Tonight I was home by 6 and I keep thinking I’m not doing something that I should be doing!
So we’re basically caught up to now.
I haven’t been feeling incredibly chatty lately. Getting settled in at work is a pretty strenuous process. I feel like I say the same thing to 10 different people per day at work, and then family or friends call or text me and want to know how things are going and I’ve already said the same things over and over that day… by the time I get home I just don’t feel like talking anymore. Once work picks up for me and I’m not saying, “yeah I’m all done with training and trying to get settled in” ten times per day, I think my normal chattiness will return.
And lastly, not to be super dramatic, but today is the one year anniversary of Alexander’s dad’s unexpected passing. In some ways it feels like it was only a few months ago, and in some ways it feels like it’s been years already. So much has happened in the past year. I’m grateful that I got to know him during my first two years of law school, and I’m saddened that he was taken from his family and from this world so prematurely.