Sorry for the lack of entries lately. Busy, busy, busy! But I think it will lighten up tonight after work and I will play catch up!
1. Cost aside, if you could go (back) to college for anything besides what you currently “do,” what would you study?
For me, it wouldn’t necessarily be a matter of “cost aside” but probably “time aside.” I’ve already spent 7 years in college and law school… I’m a little burned out from school right now! However, time aside (if I could get abducted by the Navigator so that when I come back to earth after school is done, no ACTUAL time has passed), I think I would take some more language classes… and I think I might get some training in being a (non-legal issues) counselor/mediator because I would like to do some of that at some point, most likely just on the side… not leaving the whole lawyer thing.
2. What do you do for a living? Do you love it/hate it?
Well, as of last Monday, I’m an associate attorney at a large law firm and I work in the litigation department. I loved it during my internship, and I think I’ll still love it now! (Haven’t done enough work yet to give an absolute yes!)
3. What is your favorite Christmas ornament? If you don’t celebrate Christmas, what is your favorite holiday tradition?
This one year at a women’s event at my mom’s church we painted wooden ornaments. For some reason, my mom and I both couldn’t quite figure out the paint and the brush sizes and so our ornaments are AWFUL and so embarrassing. All the other super crafty women turned out these beautiful ornaments and we hid ours. Well, my aunt lives with my mom, and every year my aunt still puts those two ornaments on their tree. This is not a story to tell you they are now my favorite. It’s still really, really embarrassing (right mom?). But in response, I would like to remind everyone of that painting I did a while back (scroll down in the entries for a picture). My first painting experience after that ornament fiasco, and I think it turned out awesome! 😉
As for a favorite, my current tree only has one ornament besides the colorful balls, and it is a silver one that is just letters and it spells peace. I like it 🙂
4. Name something you could literally do without for the rest of your life.
Traffic. Holy moley I could definitely do without ever experiencing traffic again. Sadly, that’s not going to happen unless I move to North Dakota, and that is most likely not going to happen either, haha.
5. If you were going to have any kind of “cosmetic procedure,” what would it be?
I have bad teeth. What Alec Baldwin’s character on 30 Rock would call “poor teeth.” I’d probably have something done with that.
6. Do you have any “collections”? (comic books, shoes, etc.)
I have one of random giraffe stuff 🙂 I looove giraffes.
7. At what age did you get your first cell phone?
I think it was around 17 because once I started driving I wanted a phone in case anything happened. Of course that quickly turned into phone-I-used-for-many-other-things-and-racked-up-HUGE-phone-bills. Ooops 😦
8. What is currently in your purse (or pocket or backpack if you’re a guy)?
My work ID, my blackberry, some chapstick… my wallet and keys… nothing exciting.
9. Are you a neat-freak or a slob ? *this applies to house, office, car, etc.
I am pretty much a neat freak. If 3 things are out of place I describe it as a “mess.” However, I do not judge other people for having messy spaces, I just personally can’t sleep well/work well in messy places.
10. What kind of parent do you think you will be? If you’re already a parent, what is your style?
I am not really sure. But I do know a few things. I’ll be the obnoxious mom that takes pics of EVERYTHING (because I already do that), I will not tolerate whining (and I will likely turn whining into photo ops as well), I will try to be fun, and I will make my kids get good educations 🙂