Today is my last, last day of school. After 18 years of education (since kindergarten.. it would be 20 but there were two times I combined two years into one- once in grade school and once in high school), I am almost done! Today is my 18th “last day,” and since I currently don’t have any plans of further education, it is most likely my last last day ever! 🙂 (technically I still have 3 exams to take, but I don’t count those as “school days”) .
There are many things I’m absolutely THRILLED about with law school being over:
- No more sitting in classes
- No more reading boring casebooks (during 1L I loved reading for class because it was all so interesting and new. But by this point the magic has disappeared)
- No more law school papers
- No more BUYING very expensive, boring casebooks
- No more grades!
- No more 3-hour comprehensive, closed-book exams being the basis for my entire grade!
- No more curve!
- No more parking battles in the law school parking lot
There are also many things I will miss about law school:
- Learning new things
- Socializing with people between classes
- a lot of the people!
- The relaxed, flexible schedule
- How beautiful Pepp’s campus is, and the honor of getting to go to school at such a beautiful place every day
- Krissi! (she’s moving back to Texas :()
- Something new and different every few months (new schedule each semester, different job for summer)
- the faculty and staff
Ok, I realize these are pretty random lists.. I didn’t sit down and think them out beforehand. The main point is that there are things I will miss and things I won’t. Nevertheless, I am very excited that today is my last day. I have one, one-hour class and that’s it. After that is study time for my 3 exams. My last final exams! Woohoo! 🙂