You have to know that I must be extremely, extremely exhausted because although I purchased a ticket a few months ago to go visit my dear friend Bre in Berlin, I realized yesterday that I am just too physically exhausted and beyond behind in classes that I just can’t do it. I have the chance to visit another country, to see a great friend, and I’ve already bought the ticket (and have a free place to stay) but I’ve turned it down.
Technically my flight doesn’t leave for about 4 hours, so I could still make it if I wanted to, and the spontaneous, travel loving, crazy, procrastinating Michelle really, really wants to still be on that plane. However, for those of you who really know me, you know that when I reach a certain point of tiredness I lose virtually all ability to be rational or reasonable or deal with life in general and I am definitely at that point now.
That being said, I have had an absolutely fabulous time traveling to the places I’ve been so far. Although there are many places I had every intention of visiting but just couldn’t get to (Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Germany just to name a few…), I definitely have been able to travel more than I could have imagined. To recap, I’ve been to (not in order):
- France (Three times: Strasbourg once, and Paris twice)
- Belgium (Brussels and Bastogne)
- Luxembourg (Luxembourg City)
- Switzerland (Interlaken and the Jungfrau Region)
- The Netherlands (Amsterdam and Den Haag)
- Spain (Barcelona)
- Ireland (Dublin and Malahide)
- Northern Ireland (Belfast; driving the Coastal Causeway)
- England (Just London so far)
- Atlanta, GA (I had never been to Georgia prior to this!)
I still haven’t fully updated on my trips to The Netherlands or Atlanta. I will do so soon! For now, I’m trying to catch up on sleep and make a game plan for myself to catch up on law school after all of this crazy traveling!